Saturday, August 12, 2017

Michael Bloomberg's Keys To Success

Whether you agree or disagree with Michael Bloomberg's politics, he is certainly one hell of a smart businessmen. 

Here is an email reply back to me from Michael Bloomberg, with his key's to success!

Email text:

From: crmrepl@crm.nyc.gov <crmrepl@crm.nyc.gov>
Subject: Responding to your message
To: luckym216@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, July 15, 2010, 4:23 PM

Dear Mr. Johnson:

Thank you for writing. I'm honored that you want my advice, and I'll do my best! 

1) Take risks. Bloomberg LP started with four employees, taking on much bigger competitors. And when I ran for Mayor, I'd never held an elected position before—not even dog catcher! Everyone thinks they have great ideas; but those who succeed have the courage to put their ideas into action. 

2) You can't do it alone. You must share the responsibility to share the rewards. My staff and I work in one big room, called "The Bullpen," with no walls. Together, we've accomplished great things. Cooperation can be the difference between failure by yourself, or success as a team. 

3) Give it to them straight. Even those who disagree with you will respect the honesty and courage it takes to say what you believe. We've pursued a number of controversial things in New York; but by sticking to the facts, we've also won a lot of people over. 

4) Respect others. Listening to opposing viewpoints is a chance to better understand the issues, and to develop your own point of view. I often wonder if people who block each other from expressing their opinions do so because they have so little confidence in their own. 

5) The more you give, the more you get. As citizens of the world, we must give back to the community and improve others' lives, and I try to live up to that obligation everyday. That's why I am so dedicated to philanthropy, and ultimately why I decided to run for Mayor. 

So, there you have it—my keys to success. Those, and call your mother every day! Thanks again for writing. I hope that you achieve success in whatever you choose to do.

Sincerely,

Michael R. Bloomberg

Mayor
Please do not respond to this email. To submit a message to the Office of the Mayor, you may use the webform athttp://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/mayor.html

No comments:

Post a Comment